Friday, August 20, 2010

Guess That Character Day Two: Yseult Revealed

Yesterday's Guess That Character Blogfest was wonderful fun.  I posted a snippet from BEAUTIFUL MONSTER, and let my MC Yseult convince you of her appearance through her narration.  And there were some great guesses (and so descriptive), but the closest were from Summer Ross, Steph Sinkhorn (who nailed it), Renae Mercado (who also nailed it), and Amie McCracken (who got it right secretly, because she's read it).

Here are two pictures I feel adequately represent Yseult:

She is tall and willowy, with waist-length dark-brown waves, crystalline blue eyes, and freckles.  Her beauty is her curse, however, so she usually tries to ignore these details about herself in the hope that everyone else will, too.  Because when people judge based on beauty, bad things tend to happen.  Like arranged marriages...  and men turned into monsters.

Thanks for coming to the Blogfest!  I've loved all your excerpts.  Thanks so much, Jen, for hosting!

17 comments:

  1. You have me even more hooked than you did yesterday!!! "People judge based on beauty, bad things tend to happen. Like arranged marriages... and men turned into monsters." Oh the possibilities!

    Your character is indeed gorgeous! Congrats to the closest guesser. Thinking that I'm the one who created this blog fest that I should have made sure I was an awesome guesser... none the less I'm not but I still enjoyed it!

    Thank you for your entry, it has been one wild ride and I really enjoyed getting to know your character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful! I agree with you on looks. They can be a curse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't guess right at all, but I live the pictures. So beautiful and exotic looking. Great character and beautiful writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second picture yeah that rocks! Yay I got one right!!! LOL thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to double comment, but I have an award for you at my blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. WRONG! yet again... this blogfest is KILLING what was left of my ego! :(
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was totally wrong, but I like your version much better. She's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first photo is sooooooo her!

    (You got Liza right, I just didn't accede to it since you had a better chance than everyone else. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's beautiful! Man, I seem to be pretty good at this game. Yay! Great job with your scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I. Did. Not. Get. This. One. :( But your pics are wonderful and I love how she looks. Rereading our snippet, she totally fits and I like this image better. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I got one right! How funny is it that we guessed each others characters? She is just gorgeous and I love the title! Can't wait to hear more about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't come close. ho hum. Your vision is better than mine anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guys, I've LOVED all your comments, guesses, and feedback--as well as all your enormously entertaining (and talent-oozing) entries. This has been so entertaining. Thanks for playing! And for all my new friends, I'm so glad I met you. What fun! Let's keep hanging out!

    *Renae, that made me laugh, too. :)*

    ReplyDelete
  14. What mesmerizing pictures! Now I want to read more about her. I love that name too, Yseult.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is very striking--just her face makes me want to know her story. What a great inspiration!

    This blogfest was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Reading your snippet, I was actually pretty close! She's gorgeous in an ethereal kind of way.

    ReplyDelete